All of my experimentation thus far has led me to believe that the
current release of the program is broken. Its seems like Vanderham or
the folks at Solostatic
[http://www.solostatic.com/wordpress_solostatic/ervaringen-met-de-logitech-squeezebox-duet/]
have access to an older release.

I'm looking for a direct line of contact to either Solostatic (my Dutch
is non-existent) or to the program author (nothing on his page) or to
Vanderham in order to acquire a previous (i.e. functional) release.

The program is designed to work with any VST host.

A Behringer ECM-8000 is more or less flat (Panasonic WM-61A capsule
based;
[http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/components/pdf/em06_wm61_a_b_dne.pdf]]).

The use of a mic preamp is required. A cheaper preamp like the
Behringer would be OK as long as you keep the output levels on the test
sweeps and noise hot enough. Different preamp's weaknesses tend to
emerge under high gain applications.

I'm not familiar with the TacT system, software or mic. I would need
more information to provide any useful thoughts.

--
AlexMurphy