Phil Leigh;618566 Wrote:
> But this has zippo to do with "burn in". Guitars are mechanical. The
> timbers age and mature - they change.

Raise your hand if you agree with this (raises his hand)!

Arguably, certain components found in guitars (i.e. electric pickups)
also age and mature. True? Isn't that a burn-in of non-mechanical
parts?

Phil Leigh;618566 Wrote:
> Electronics don't age in the same GOOD way - they only age in a bad
> way...eventually.

That is in the eye of the beholder (or, more precisely, in the ear of
the behearer). The fact is that they age, period. How you subjectively
choose to interpret that process of aging is, of course, fully
debatable.

Phil Leigh;618566 Wrote:
> So I agree with what you say, but it's NOT burn-in as discussed in the
> context of "these cables sound a bit rough at first, but give them 200
> hours and a veil will lift..."

Cables age with use, don't they? The electrical current travels along
the length of the cables, thus changing them bit by bit. Undeniable
fact. How we choose to interpret that fact is another matter
altogether.

--
magiccarpetride