ralphpnj;622281 Wrote:
> And again I remind you that I'm not talking about how to describe a live
> musical event or even recorded music but how to describe an audio system
> ability to play music.

It is common, and quite understandable, for listeners to blur the line
between the creation of music and its reproduction on a playback
system.

By selecting this component over that one and tinkering with or
adjusting the setup in certain ways, the listener feels they have moved
a bit closer to the creation side of the process, that they've made a
contribution to art. Hence, it is also not surprising when some get
carried away with particularly effusive descriptions.

Besides sometimes sounding like a cheap romance novel, the problem is
these descriptions are often so fuzzy that they don't do a very good
job of communicating to others what the writer meant.

--
mlsstl