Wombat;625288 Wrote:
> When you look into it and read about the delta-sigma design our
> Transporter uses you´ll notice it has the advantage to already only
> need pretty gentle filters. Maybe this is why Sean Adams didn´t take
> the slow roll-off in from the beginning.
> Afterwards you may think twice about your advice you give all the time
> about upsampling all cds while ripping to 24/96 with dbpoweramp...
> I don´t have exact numbers but the lowpass alone dbpoweramp uses at
> upsampling may add more garbage as playing 44.1 natively on our
> Transporter cause of its delta-sigma design ;)
> Please correct me if i am wrong.

Not sure why the upsample sounds better to me... My thought was that it
was more due to the nature of the upsample being done beforehand vs. in
realtime. Similar to the idea of why (in general) ripped redbook sounds
better from a PC hard drive vs. a CD player. I dont really think the
dbpoweramp algorithm is the best (SSRC). I have switched to soX using
foobar. It seems to be better, and it tests a bit better. The algorithm
fascination of late is more academic than anything else, although its
surprising that math makes a noticeable difference.

I was trying to get some discussion generated about the upsample
phenomenon in regards to the Transporter - hence the "advice you give
all the time" about it. From the limited feedback I have gotten so far,
it appears there is some agreement to upsampling redbook to 24/96.
Thanks for the info!

I havent looked at the data sheets yet. Do that tonight over a couple
of beers and some music! I know, I dont have much of a
life!http://forums.slimdevices.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

link for SRC test
http://src.infinitewave.ca/

--
earwaxer9

System: modified Winsome Labs Mouse, modified Maggie MMG's, Transporter,
HSU sub 12, MSB DAC to 500 watt sub slave amp, JPS labs power cords,
Silver audio interconnect, Audioquest Granite speaker cable.