I had a  20ft cat7 ethernet connection to my Transporter. Much better
shielding than the cat5e. To make a long story short - I didnt really
notice a difference when I switched out from the cat5e. When it broke
the cat7 I put the el-cheapo cat5e back in. Again - no difference.

I'm not saying that shielding etc. makes no difference! What is
encouraging, is the ethernet or wifi path to transmitting data to the
DAC. More power to squeezebox!

--
earwaxer9

System: modified Winsome Labs Mouse, modified Maggie MMG's, Transporter,
HSU sub 12, MSB DAC to 500 watt sub slave amp, JPS labs power cords,
Silver audio interconnect, Audioquest Granite speaker cable.