Gazjam;629178 Wrote:
> hi Mervin,
>
> I forgot to add that I've had that resistor removed and replaced with a
> wire link as per Stan B's suggestion.
Well, that's interesting! My approach was quite in line with Stan's!

> Curious about the mods you did though to the Gator board?
> Could you give some more info about that?
> I have a couple of the yellow film caps recommended for the Passive mod
> over on AOS doing nothing, so if I can use them somehow that would be
> good.
> (always looking for new effectivce mods you see!)
>
> ta.
> G.
What I did was parallel the film caps to the non-polar coupling caps
already on the Gator. I guess the purist solution would be to replace
the electrolytic caps with film, but an equivalent sized film cap would
be huge or not available.

--
mervin_b