The forum search function is recommended this old issue has been
rehashed many times in different forms (same goes for Touch) for the at
least 5 years.

This is also a non problem as there is almost no real music available
in 192k ....

And some is sourced from consumer SACD ? who's ultrasonic noise drowns
any residual music content at high frequncies so 24/88.2 is sufficient
for that (so you get everything above 44.1 filtered away) whats the
point in encoding DSD HF noise up to 96k .
20/88.2 would probably code SACD sourced material just fine imho...

The one 192k record I have is sourced from an analog master from the
sixties.
16/44.1 would encode that just fine, however the remastering work is
very good, so it was worth getting for that.

There will be very few PCM recorded (no consumer DSD) modern digital
productions at 192k much of that will be "audiophile music" yuk.
Your life is to short.

Wake me up when you can buy real music in this format in any
quantity.....

However 24/96 gets more traction, Steve Earle's latest comes in an
edition with an DVDV with a 24/96 2ch version of the whole album :)
Neil Young can be had in 24/96 too.

Even 24/96 is a marginal format, not used very much so almost
insignificant in music business as a whole.
But due to DVDA rips and some online vendors, I have at least
accumulated 124 albums in 24/96 format. it makes a dent in my music
collection
124/2603 = 4.76% I'm probably lucky to find that much music I wanted in
that format, how many of those have a recording quality that merits a
hirez release ? not that many, i have to say :-/ and some if is *couch*
"audiophile music" I wasted my time with.

If you do your own studio work and wants to listen to some raw material
in 192k I would try to audition a DAC from Weiss for example.

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad