Heya,

was wondering whether you could help me with some references to some
good literature on psychoacoustic models - if that's correct
terminology? I'm looking for how things (DSP effects) are done as well
as why they actually work.

Background for asking:
- In regards to lossy encodings, I've come across many forum posts
about masking/etc, but I'd like a better understanding.
- Been playing with DSP software (specifically Inguz) - which often
have setings like 'Width/Space' and such. Other than listening and
guessing and other forms of common logic, I'd like to understand
exactly what curves are actually applied to achive e.g. "wide", and
exactly why they achieve the desired effect.
- I'm curious:)

TIA.

--
bhaagensen