garym;635199 Wrote:
> But the SB experience is much better for me. The transporter works
> nicely, I can control it from my laptop, my wife's laptop, my iphone,
> ipad, etc. I can sync various players in other rooms together OR PLAY
> DIFFERENT THINGS at each player. And this is all connected to a single
> library/server.

Same here.  I like the SB experience, but more importantly, the rest of
my family does too.  My wife and my 7 year old daughter can work the
squeezeboxes in our house as well as I can.  Before I know it, my 4 and
2 year olds will be old enough to jump in on the action.  As it is now,
they enjoy music from the Booms in their rooms.

Dedicating netbooks to act as players is just way too geeky for general
family use.  It also seems to be a few steps back IMO.  Playing music
over the network through PC hardware connected to a stereo system is so
10 years ago :-).

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch.  SuSE 11.0 Server running SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.0, MusicIP, and
SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 34,767 songs, 2,776 albums, 505 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior