Adding boost in the digital domain can be problematic if the boost
causes digital clipping , which is a very nasty sound. It's unlikely a
3 db boost will make this happen. Using external dvices is alos
problematic in that they tend to change the sound in other ways apart
from the eq. I use a Z-sys RDP-1 digtal pre/parametric but also have
other devices , the Behringger and a KrK ergo room correction device.
I will actually install and try the Inguz , I did so some time ago and
havent revisited it.
the Pro sound devices like the Beringer require AES connections and
going from SPDIF rca to AES requires an adaptor cable , otherwise the
behringer is very good in the digital domain and is also a DAC. The KRK
ergo takes SPDIF rca or Firewire digital inputs , it is a dac and pre
all in one and does room correction too under 500hz , comes with a mic
etc.
You can read about the Z-sys here
http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/rdp1e.html
and the Ergo here
http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,7685.0.html

--
Rodney_Gold

TP/Z-sys RDP1 digital Pre/Meridian DSP5500's Or TP/DSP5500's
Touch/Emotiva X-DA1 dac/bryston 4bst/Canton Ergo 120 dc
SB3/Meridian DSP5000's
TP/ Emotiva X-da1/Woo Audio Wa2 Headphone amp/Sehneisser Hd800's
Touch/KrK Ergo/KrK VXT8 actives + 10S sub

"The nicest thing about smacking your head against the wall is...the
feeling you get when you stop"