Setting jive_alsa to 55 enhances the entire sound stage, in my system it
is a welcome change. Increasing SPDIF priority is what changes the
equation of the music. It enhances certain high frequencies, thereby
creating a sense of spaciality and darker background. But as you listen
it is fatiguing and more analytical. I feel the sense of music is lost
while the sense of instruments is more.
I set SPDIF to 41, hence not losing the bass and also giving it a
higher priority than the other processes at 40. I till now did not hear
any difference  in setting the SPDIF priority to 40 or 41, but think
there will be some thing good which I do not hear.

--
lake_eleven