sc53;661314 Wrote:
> I have been using 3 x SB3 and a Boom for years, but recently bought a
> Touch which I finally have working successfully with 7.6.1 streaming
> from my iMac using OSX Snow Leopard. I use iTunes for all my music,
> cover art, and playlists; all my rips are Apple Lossless.  Browsing the
> high-rez audio stores online, I note all the high-rez tracks are in FLAC
> or WMA. If I buy FLAC tracks, how will I add them to my iTunes library,
> which is where SBS looks for my music? If I uncheck "use iTunes" in
> SBS, and put the FLAC tracks in some other place, will I still be able
> to stream all my iTunes Lossless tracks as well as the new high-rez
> FLAC tracks?
> I read about a program called "XDL" that will transcode FLAC to ALAC.
> If I do this, can I still use iTunes for everything and still check
> "use iTunes" in my SBS preferences?
> Thanks for any help you can provide.

1. iTunes does not <and probably will never> play FLAC.

2. You can uncheck the Use iTunes in SBS and point SBS to the music
folder that has all the M4A's and it will be happy. If that folder
contains additional folders that have FLACS, they will also show up in
SBS when you rescan. Additionally, there is a Java script <not
Javascript> that can read your iTunes metadata and output a "cover.jpg"
in the corresponding folder so SBS gets a shot of iTunes album artwork.
<Search saveitunesartworktofile.>

3. I don't know about XDL so I cannot say what it will do with hi-rez
FLAC and translating to M4A, but if you do that, you would be able to
see that music in both iTunes and SBS. If the "original" FLAC's are in
the path, you'll get two copies of each in SBS.

pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless