Well I have taken the Castle apart, simple enough, just 4 screws holding
the main driver in. Nothing looks loose or untoward.

I have found the right track with all the frequencies to make this
speaker sound truely horrible. Imagin your wifes' (... or your own)
sewing kit full of thimbles, scissors, pins, buttons and things on top
of one of your speakers and you will get the idea.

Basically the driver is knackered, no visible damage, but lots of
rattling and resonance. I can make it sound a lot better by lightly
pressing my finger onto the cone.

I'll see if I can get a replement, but could be hard as it is Castles'
own driver they are out of business now.

Anyone about to skip some Castle Richmonds?

--
Nojelc