I took a flyer on ordering the Audio-gd NFB-10SE. It works as a preamp
as well, and has a nice headphone amp. Dual wolfson 8741 and a
reputation for good bang for the buck.

I wanted a fully balanced DAC that was in my budget range, and did not
like what I heard using a DACmagic. AGD kept popping up on my radar, I
traded a few messages with owners over at Head-Fi, and some emails with
the AGD owner Kingwa, and decided to take a chance on it.

The NFB-10SE is close in sound to the NFB-9 (a more expensive unit),
and according to owners at head-fi sounds significantly better than the
NFB-2.

Mine should be here by Christmas and I'll let you know my impressions.
I *might* be able to demo a Rega DAC and compare the 2...not sure yet.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I could sell it at a minimal loss if it doesn't
work out.

--
ob_kook

Duet --> Axiom passive pre --> Portal Paladin monoblocks --> Dynaudio
Contour 1.3 MKII
SB2 --> Denon AVR4800 --> Klipsch KG4
Squeezebox Boom
Squeezeserver running on a virtual Win7 machine within 2008 R2 Server
Hyper-V