Hello,
I also have a Trivista DAC which I have been happily using for the last
6 years. I have recently tried a few more modern DACS, including Naim,
and have not found one that is the equal of my Trivista. Although
several years old, the DAC used in the Trivista is a 24 bit 96/192KHz
which is able to handle any modern Hi-res file. My recommendation would
be to have your Trivista repaired. But if you have a friendly dealer
near to you, why not try out some alternative DAC's for yourself.
Good luck!
p.s.
I have come across an alternative repair service to that offered by
MF(I have no affiliation or connection and no experience of using
them!) : http://www.jsaudiorepairs.co.uk.
My System:
Squeezebox Touch : Soundcheck Toolbox 3.0 : ethernet wired
Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC
Musical Fidelity KW550 integrated amp
Dynaudio Special 25 speakers
Chord interconnects and speaker cabling