cliveb;90935 Wrote:
> Well, now I'm confused. On this forum, and in the pinkfishmedia thread
> Andrew has referenced, the Behringer gets the thumbs-up. Meanwhile the
> pros over at rec.audio.pro, who I trust to know what they're talking
> about, have soundly poo-poo'd the idea that it's possible to fix an
> acoustic (room) problem with EQ, no matter how sophisticated. I think
> my next step may be to contact a pro supplier (such as Digital Village)
> to see if they know where I hire one for a couple of weeks to try out in
> my own room/system. One thing's for sure: if it works, then at 200 quid
> it's a steal.You can only fix a problem at a specific ilstening location
> using EQ,
but in doing so you're changing acoustic response elsewhere in the
room.  Also, EQ cannot eliminate cancellation.  You're better off
finding the optimum listening location for your room, tweaking your
speaker positioning and using bass traps.

--
audiomuze

*'Linux finally gets a great audio tagger'
(http://www.ubuntugeek.com/linux-finally-gets-a-great-audio-tagger.html):
'puddletag' (http://puddletag.sourceforge.net/)*