ralphpnj;683670 Wrote:
> The loudness wars seem to effect mostly mass market popular music
> releases and re-releases and the war, such as it is, is far from over.
>
> I mostly listen to jazz, both modern and not so modern, but I also like
> and listen to many other musical genres and mass market popular music
> has by far the worst sounding releases.

Sadly, I find that even some 'far out' music, such as newer Bill
Laswell CDs, suffer from compressioninitis, being recorded too hot, and
in general, waging the loudness war.

And no one can claim that Bill Laswell belongs to the mass popular
music category. You guys probably haven't even heard of him.

--
magiccarpetride