garym;684666 Wrote:
> I see how you might interpret what I said this way. I didn't go into
> complete detail in my response, but at least in my field, experiments
> without any theory-based hypothesis are not a good thing. Without the
> theory as a foundation for the hypothesis being tested, I agree this
> would be a fishing expedition and not valid. Sort of like most of the
> tests of "tweaks" reported in this thread.  Many of the questions for
> the tweakers posted here are in a sense asking for the theory
> underlying the hypothesis of "different sound" being tested.

Once upon a time, a few centuries before our time, there was a very
clever man called Newton. Helped by a superior intelligence and a lot
of creativity, he invented in his head the law of gravity. Then
eventually he sat under a tree waiting for an apple falling on his head
and then suddently knew what he had found ;)

Or maybe... I don't remember well... things happened the other way
around.

--
evdplancke