magiccarpetride;686176 Wrote:
> A definition of a being a redneck is possessing "glorious absence of
> sophistication".
>
> Aesthetic concerns seem to be topping the list of things that remain
> inscrutable for the audiophile rednecks. They only seem capable of
> listening to music if they happen to be holding an SPL meter in their
> hands, while constantly reading the measured values displayed on the
> meter.
>
> Join me in this game -- you may be an audiophile redneck if...
>
> - you buy new speakers based solely on their measurement parameters
>
> - you buy new flat screen TV only after conducting a series of double
> blind randomized statistically valid tests
>
> - you are convinced that it is only possible to hear differences
> between two audio systems due to the fact that such differences exist
> only in your head
>
> - you insist in connecting your speakers to your power amplifier with
> coat hangers
>
> - upon buying an expensive new amplifier, you immediately throw the
> power cable that came with it and replace it with a kettle cable that's
> lying around the house
>
> - you enjoy participating in the race to the bottom by frequenting
> Walmart stores in search of the shittiest, cheapest possible DVD player
> (anything over $20 qualifies as emperor's new clothes), because you know
> that a good DAC will render any difference in digital players opaque
>
> - you convert all your digital music library to 128 kbps mp3 because
> you know that it is impossible to hear any difference between heavily
> compressed lossy format and a high definition (24 bit 192 kHz) format
>
> - you frequent audiophile forums looking for people to attack, to tar
> and feather them and kick them out, because such activities bring you
> endless joy and make you feel great about yourself
>

> Your turn...

Remind me to return to the start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfSGt6rHos

I prefer the Hooter's definition: "Delightfully tacky, yet unrefined."

- you buy new speakers based solely on their lack of measurement
parameters (Bose is good, right?)

- you buy new flat screen TV only because it's part of a deal at Rooms
To Go

- you are unconvinced that it is only possible to hear differences
between two audio systems due to the fact that such differences exist
only in your 400-600 sq. ft. apartment and a room the same size

- you insist in connecting your speakers to your power amplifier with
jumper cables

- upon buying an expensive new amplifier, you immediately plug the
power cable into a $4 6-tapper because you read in a forum that it's
the best thing since sliced bread

- you enjoy participating in the race to the bottom by frequenting
Walmart stores in search anything in the electronics department

- you convert all your digital music library to 320 kbps aac because
even if it is impossible to hear any difference Apple let you upgrade
for $25/year

- you frequent audiophile forums looking for people to help because
they really need it and because you can. Of course some people already
know everything but are seeking who knows ?

--
pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless