I often read reviews that claim speakers disappeared in the room. My
interpretation is that they couldn't tell the sound were directly from
the speakers. I'd like to hear comments on this subject.

On my main system, I can hear sound directly from the speakers. The
center image is very clear for vocal music. With classical music like
Nutcracker, I can also place various instruments. It is just I can also
hear sound from the speakers.

On my 2nd system, I rarely hear sound from the speakers. The sound
stage is in between the two speakers.

Both systems can play 180 degrees sound with music tracks using QSound
technology. I can hear sound 90 degrees from my right and 90 degrees
from my left, which is the way it was designed to do.

--
vett93

Main system:
Source: Transporter, modded by ModWright:
http://www.modwright.com/modifications/transporter-truth-mods.php
Preamp: Dude from Tube Research Labs:
http://www.tuberesearchlabs.com/products/dude.html
Amp: NP100 Platinum from AltaVista Audio:
http://www.altavistaaudio.com/np100.html
Speakers: Alto Utopia Be from Focal-JMLab:
http://www.ultraaudio.com/equipment/focal_jmlab_alto_utopia.htm