JJZolx;689205 Wrote:
> I've yet to figure out why that bothers people so acutely. Or why they
> _say_ it bothers them.

One isolated example if you try to be hifi intrested you soon realise
all hardware is 5 to 10 times more expensive than it should be due to
uneccessary over engineering, and even more expensive due that normal
people are scared away from this hoby/cult add the wast amount of even
more bizzare rech that performs worse than a chinese wallmart dvd and
sells for 10000$
so you are basically conned as soon as join the cult.
So ex cult members feels like they been had :)

And in general pseudoscience is more harmfull to society than many
people credit, much more harmfull.
and cult are very harmfull to you.

Audiophilia is an obscure and benign example it may ruin a fammily
economy and some relationships but not your health ( usually ). You
divert resources to crap instead of suporting a usefull industry with
your $ carbonfootprint for nothing anyone ?

But as it is a subspeices of pseudoscience that are also an informal
cult, it worries me .

I'm in genral against pseudoscience it is a menace and penetrate
society on all levels and do damage, llok at all the med quakery !
And I'm also aginst cults as they destoy people .

No audiophilia is not as bad as scientology or anthroposophy or
homeophaty, or my pet hate creationism or any of that ilk :)

But it is the same kind of wideeyed uncritical flawed thinking at work
.

Human decision making and society would gain a lot of you just take 5
and think about things critically or
sceptically for a while now and then.

The dark ages is a prime example , they burned people for heressy, we
can get there again really quick.
Imo religion have robbed humanity of at least 1000 years of development
and countless millions have suffered. How many suffers from HIV due the
catholics ban on condoms you tell me that BS is not harmfull :)

Bs perverts the human mind thats the problem.

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )