naamanf;690656 Wrote:
> Yup it works! And sounds horrible!
>
> I must have not done such a great job on the correction filter. I used
> the Inguz method with DRC. Is audiolense worth the cheese?

Yes Audiolense is worth every penny. You also need a very good, flat
microphone and a good sound card or USB audio interface. I've never
used DRC so can't help with that.

One thing to bear in mind is that most systems require the overall
level to be reduced quite significantly in order to avoid clipping on
corrected peaks. This is all handled by inguzdsp.exe and its config
file... But you will notice that you will need to increase the level of
your amp/preamp to compensate.
Also, note that most people do not like a " totally flat" response,
favouring instead a gradual roll off in the upper frequencies.

Regardless of the above, the limiting factor is the quality and
accuracy of the convolution wav file fed into Inguzdsp.exe. This hinges
on the quality of mic and sound card and on the software used to make
the measurements and generate the correction file. There is no free
lunch here unfortunately. You need GOOD mics, a GOOD sound card and
GOOD measurement software. Everything else is free!

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.