One thing regarding AVRs I found out about is that some manufacturers,
such as Denon, require their online vendors to only put list price on
their web site. But if you call them, they often give substantial
discounts. I tried this and at first had no luck, but then I called
another place and mentioned I was a reader of AVS forum, and that I
heard from there that vendors often have actual pricing lower than
listed on the web page. I was able to get a Denon AVR3312CI, which
lists for $1099, from an authorized dealer for $899. This unit has
preamp outs.

Another thing with Denon is that if you do not buy from an authorized
dealer, they will not honor the warranty. They list Amazon as an
authorized dealer, but be very careful with this. If you don't get it
from Amazon directly, but from one of their "partners", and that
partner is not an authorized dealer, you may be out of luck. So if
you're looking at Denon and buying online, go to their list of
authorized online dealers and call several of them for the best price.

I also recommend checking AVS forum as they have lots of tidbits of
inside info such as this.

--
andy_c