pippin;694661 Wrote:
> Err... no.
> Again (why is this so hard to understand???). The discussion is NOT
> about limitations in the sampling process or the reproduction process.
> It's about what of that information you then later need to keep to
> store, transmit and use the data.
I think we are misinterpreting each other's posts. I wasn't trying to
argue with you. I am not suggesting there is any limitation in the
sampling or reconstruction process.

You made a statement along the lines of "All that Nyquist/Shannon says
is ..." and then failed to point out that the signal to be sampled must
be bandwidth limited to below fs/2. So what you stated is not ALL that
Nyquist/Shannon says. I just wanted to pre-empt any attempt by "Nyquist
deniers" to muddy the waters due to this minor ommission.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A