grego.speiser wrote:
> Grooveshark files are max 128 kbps mp3s.
>
> See
> help.grooveshark.com/customer/portal/articles/2130-audio-format-and-bit-rate-on-grooveshark
>
> Despite this limitation, I would welcome the possibility of accessing
> grooveshark through our squeezeboxen.

This is a correction, but one that should make you happy. If you follow
the link you posted and re-read it, it says,

"All music upload by users to Grooveshark is transcoded into an MP3 file
with a MINIMUM bit rate of 128 kbps" (CAPS added by me)

I'm a frequent user of Grooveshark and I'm very serious about music
quality, so I've been tracking this. I've found MANY GS tracks at
192-320kbps so there appears to be no maximum. Of course, all tracks are
mp3 format, so there's no lossless tracks available.

This is the #1 reason I prefer Grooveshark over Spotify!! I can get the
highest possible quality track as a free Grooveshark user. I can only
get high quality tracks as a $10/mo premium Spotify user and even then
less than 1/3 of all tracks are available at that bitrate. Spotify free
tracks are 100-160 kbps. As far as I'm concerned anything under 160 kbps
isn't worth listening to unless it's absolutely the only source for that
track. So I very rarely use Spotify and am likely to continue to favor
GS over Spotify unless something changes.

Source:
articles.businessinsider.com/2011-07-25/tech/30046520_1_kbps-quality-songs
(this is my first post so I'm not allowed to post links, but you can
copy and paste them manually)