lake_eleven wrote:
> For those running vanilla SBT, do you run any mods on the server
> system...like Fidelizer, registry changes etc?

No, I don't run any special programs on the server. In fact, I just
switched music servers this past week. I had been using a 7 or 8 year
old PC running Fedora Core (Linux) 14 along with LMS 7.7.2. The hard
drive had been upgraded to a 1.5TB drive to accommodate my music
collection, but the FC14 was just an ordinary install. CPU was a Celeron
with 1GB RAM.

I replaced this server with a Foxconn R10-D4 Atom based server with 2GB
RAM. I moved the existing hard drive over to the new machine but
installed Vortexbox 2.0. The software uses Fedora Core 16 as it's base,
but in a minimalist configuration designed for headless operation. (No
GUI interface on the server - command line only - and they run only
about one-third of the normal processes in the background. Normally the
server is controlled from a web interface through another computer on
your network.)

After making the switch to the new server I have been unable to detect
any difference in sound quality.