bburroughs wrote:
> Well, I didn't think it was possible to answer that question in just a
> few paragraphs without resorting to esoteric math and engineering, but
> Adam's description is really excellent. Anyone interested in digital
> audio should read and try to understand what he wrote - it's an
> excellent summary of some difficult-to-understand concepts.

You are very kind. But the last bit (about reading some books) is the
most important bit. I banged my head against a table for ages trying to
get this stuff. But Phil Leigh (who I really do hope will return to this
forum) patiently explained some of it too me along with Werner who posts
on Hifi Wigwam and Pinkfish; eventually I realised that there was
nothing for it but to teach myself using some text books.