jh901 wrote:
> The conclusion you guys are making seems to be that all gear sounds the
> same.  You really believe that?
I don't think anyone has made that hyperbolic conclusion except you.  I
think any of us would agree that some components or systems sound better
than others, and that some have a sound that we prefer even if one
doesn't claim it is "better."  The conclusion from the first link in the
OP and much of the subsequent comments is that some reported differences
are based not at all on the actual sound, but on other information, such
as the brand, model, or price tag of the components in question.  This
is not breaking news, but it still astounds me how many people will not
consider that these non-auditory factors may play a role in their
auditory perceptions.