SoftwireEngineer wrote:
> No, I have no interest in convincing anybody of anything. I think I have
> the lowest priced system of all the posters in this thread (but believe
> the performance of my system is way high and I attribute it to my
> pairing it with proper accessories and "tweaks" ). I am all about
> price-performance. I will try anything if it is cost-effective.
Interesting point of view. I also value price-performance, which is
exactly why I prefer to do blind testing as much as is practically
possible if only to convince _myself_. Even if you don't go the DBT
whole nine yards it is often easy to do a less rigorous, but still
revealing, single blind test. Many of the differences I am sure I that I
can detect when I know what I am listening to (or tasting, in the case
of wines and single malts) either disappear or become a lot more subtle
when I don't have the visual/mental cues.

On the other hand, in day to day usage the visual/mental cues are still
there, and there are many people who are unbothered in taking that into
account when evaluating sound quality or price-performance.