norderney wrote:
> I am very interested in your experience with this Linn unit.  I
> currently use a Transporter.  Just a few questions.
>
> 1.  Is there a limit to the number of tracks that the software can
> handle? I understand this is an issue with Sonos. I've currently got
> 48,070 tracks and that number is going to grow due to my addiction to
> buying CDs!!!!!!
>
> 2.  Some tracks have a different Track Artist and Album Artist. For
> example with classical music, I use the Album Artist field for the
> composer eg Mozart, and the Track Artist for the performer/orchestra, eg
> Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra. With iPeng I can search on either Mozart
> or Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra.
> Does the Linn system allow you to search on both Track and Album
> Artist?
>
> 3. Last FM. I use the Last FM plug in. Is there a way to scrobble to
> Last FM with the Linn system?
>
> 4.  I use and like the TrackStat plug in so I can analyse what tracks
> and artists I've been playing.  Does Linn offer anything like this.
>
> 5.  Is there a wi-fi option?  My computer and router are upstairs at the
> front of the house and hi-fi system is downstairs at the back. Running
> an Ethernet cable would be a bit awkward.

Please note: I DO NOT own nor have I ever used any Linn DS product. I am
providing the information below strictly for information only.

That said, on the Linn web site I found a link to this page:
http://oss.linn.co.uk/trac/wiki/SkweezyDs

According to the information given on this page using the SkweezyDs
allows one to use Squeezebox Server to control the Linn DS. That's all I
know.