garym wrote:
> And without getting two bogged down in statistics, when one runs
> multiple tests, the p-values have to be adjusted to account for this.
> (think of the idea that one asserts he can correctly predict heads or
> tails in a coin flip 10 times in a row.  If one runs this test enough
> times, eventually in one of the tests, the subject will be able to
> predict heads/tails 10 times in a row.

Ok, I tested the same track as this morning again. This time I tried to
be more focused and clicked the answer only when I was really sure. Is a
p-value of 1.1% in the second shot enough to eliminate the doubts on the
first with 5.5%?

I suspect that it could be so easy for me to judge this track because
I'm playing the piano myself. Probably I know how to listen to it. And
there is nothing hi-res here. No matter how you treat a piano (if your
aim still is music making), there is not much left above 12kHz. And on
top of all, I created this last log on my laptop's headphone out with a
standard Sennheiser in-ear plug.

There are other tracks where I gloriously fail. But nevertheless, I
never thought that I would be able to distinguish FLAC and 320kbps.
Honestly I was a bit afraid that I wouldn't. Now I'm happy and - at
least under certain circumstances - I do hear a difference.

Maybe I should see a doc concerning this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome

;-)

|Filename: Roll2.txt                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14671|