I received  an email from audiogon about a musical sampler to test
equipment.

>From the email:
"At Audiogon, our goal is not only to provide a safe marketplace for
your evolving system, it’s also to give you the tools to elevate the
hobby. This Wake Up Your Ears!!! sampler contains hand-selected tracks
designed to aid in training your ears to actively listen while
showcasing your audio components. While listening, you may find that you
need to make some system tweaks in order to fully appreciate the
capabilities of your high-performance gear.

If you want to hear how good a speaker or headphone can sound you have
to play great sounding recordings.* If the recording isn’t up to snuff
no speaker or headphone can make it sound better than it really is.*
Chesky recordings are free of dynamic range compression, processing and
other forms of studio trickery, so they more accurately portray the
sound of music than most mainstream recordings.

The Audiogon Wake Up Your Ears! Sampler features hand-selected tracks