darrenyeats wrote:
> I've had some contact lately with people in the business and often the
> mastering for vinyl and digital is done by different people. The people
> doing the digital mastering are very conscious of the sound for airplay.
> This simple fact is probably doing the most damage. It isn't any wonder
> that the vinyl ends up with wider DR and a better sound, in some cases.
> In a sense digital is the victim of its own success (radio stations use
> digital as a default ... vinyl is played so rarely the DJ mentions it
> when it is played!)
>
> All that we can do is raise the issue of DR at every opportunity and
> perhaps the truth of the damage being done will permeate the general
> public. It would be nice if the labels produced two digital masters but
> it's coming up with an economic reason for that ... I suppose this is
> where SACD was supposed to come in but your average pop album isn't
> concerned with that! This is the music "business", sadly.
> Darren

Yea sadly this is true for the most popular genres . And they are
obviously incompetent as radio station has for ages done their own
multiband compression to equalise all levels .
but I suppose that's its even worse besides the compression they tend to
produce things with a very ear splitting penetrating sound on for
example vocals to much in the upper midrnGe low treble " presence band "
there is no soft sounds anymore .:/