darrenyeats wrote:
> Archimago,
> As mentioned on PFM, try the track I Can Talk by Two Door Cinema Club
> from the album Tourist History. DR4 with one inter-sample peak of +1.4b
> and a very large number of peaks at about plus half a decibel.
> Darren
>
> Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

DR4 eh? That's positively dynamic compared to Iggy and his DR0 :-).

Here's what I see with that Two Door Cinema Club track -

Original:
14780

-3dB cut for headroom (figure from your comments that was all that was
needed):
14781

ASRC upsample to 192kHz:
14782

Peaks now go from -3dB to -1.47dB. Headroom needed for this track:
1.53dB using the dBPowerAmp upsampler - pretty close to your +1.4dB.

I want to see a *real* piece of music (not some synthetic test tone)
that needs +5dB headroom (not to mention +11dB as in one of the other
threads). I'm thinking a 3dB headroom (1/2-bit) should be enough for
upsampling...

|Filename: ASRC.jpg                                                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14782|