Julf wrote:
> I don't think a real audiophile would get it at all. It is making fun
> (among other things) of the "argument by appeal to authority" by
> pointing out that taking every statement Einstein ever made as literal
> declarations of truth is very silly indeed.

This is a very important point, and one which people who are not
familiar with the scientific method don't seem to realise (perhaps they
have never been told). Lawrence Krauss puts it very well: "There are no
scientific authorities, only scientific experts". There are no shamans,
high priests, or holy books in science. Even the scientific method
itself is subject to revision. And being proved wrong is a good thing,
because it means that one has learned something new.

These values, demanding proof for claims made, respect for evidence,
thinking for oneself, etc, should be much more widely taught. Then the
world, never mind the consumer audio industry, might be a better place.