Well, actually more an observation about people...

For several years, the DAC1 was generally regarded as some kind of gold
standard for accuracy in DACs. For sure, some people didn't care for its
sonic character (while others loved it), but as far as I recall nobody
ever questioned its engineering.

And now all of a sudden a minor flaw (which probably has little if any
relevance to its performance when listening to normal music programme)
has been revealed, and it seems to me that people who were previously
ecstatic about how wonderful it was have consigned it to the scrap
heap.

I look forward to shedloads of DAC1s on eBay at knockdown prices.