>> http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/visual-studio-2012-c-and-wasapi-minimalist-player-15401/
>>
>> It is called MQn so hasn't nicked the name from anyone and is free so no
>> fraudulent claims or snake oil.
> So it's a "minimalist wav player" but requires a .NET runtime framework?
> Seems a contradiction in terms to me.

Keep reading that thread, the discussion around the way it was implemented
is hilarious.

Example:

  I have tried various combinations of code and compiler settings and there
  are audible differences, memcpy produces quite a hard digital effect
  typical of what I hear from most memory players, otherwise I would still
  be using it. Agner Fog's optimised memcpy A_memcpy seems to solve that
  particular issue. http://www.agner.org/optimize/asmlib-instructions.pdf

Meanwhile yes, he's using .NET. Custom memcpy to reduce the "hard digital
effect", but he's using .NET.

SBB