ralphpnj wrote:
> So Robert Harley, the clown in chief over at The Absolute Sound, is at
> it again in the latest issue (Feb. 2014, Issue 240) of TAS. In a sidebar
> to his review of the Naim NDS Network Player he discusses why one should
> wav files as opposed to flac files:
>
> "....The term 'lossless' refers to the fact that the uncompressed
> datastream from a FLAC file is bit-for-bit identical to the WAV file
> that created it (sic)."
>
> So far so good, but then he goes completely off the rails:
>
> "...Claiming a sonic difference exists between two 'identical'
> bitstreams may appear to be the height of audiophile lunacy, but there's
> a rational explanation for why FLAC files sounds (sic) inferior: The
> file must be decompressed on the fly during playback, a process that
> many computer-audio experts believe degrades fidelity."
>
> So who are these so called "computer-audio experts" and exactly what
> kind of computer are they using?
>
> Just another reason why I have absolutely zero respect for any and all
> of these clowns. They are nothing but a big joke and a never ending
> source of misinformation.

It is because the audio fools don't understand the difference between a
COMPRESSED audio file(mp3) and a PACKED lossless file(flac). Sad but
true ....

Callesoroe
Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan
Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma
PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
Kitchen: SB-duet, Beresford TC7510 DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp
speakers.