"ralphpnj wrote:
> Let's make one thing perfectly clear:  A computer feeding a DAC (usually
> via a USB cable) IS NOT the same thing as a server based streaming
> system, such as the Squeezebox system.  Some important differences are:
> 1) The ability to play music to multiple players, either the same music
> or completely different music.  2) The ability to have the server
> remotely located.  3) When using a Mac the inability to play flac files.

Point 1 :I have one location
that the Mac mini can stay and play music throughout the house , inside
and outside .in every room .,using
different amps and speaker wiring throughout the house . Two
distribution amps to that feed a couple of
dozen speakers . I can play music inside and outside that is different .

Point 2:: I could remotely locate the " headless " Mac mini via a long
Ethernet cable within the walls if I wanted
The cable and switches are already there
Point 3 : all my files are apple lossless , except some 24/96 files
which I'll be able to play with a program other
then itunes .