Julf wrote:
> The value itself is correct, as the attenuation you need is not very
> much (and so little that I wouldn't bother with it) *if* you want to be
> able to get full volume out of your system. That is a big if. If you
> find that you normally listen at much lower volumes, you might want to
> go with more attenuation.
>
> The amps of my active speakers are teorethically capable of 1200W of
> output power, but they are gain limited to only produce 200W or so at
> full volume. I don't need louder than that, and it would probably blow
> my speakers if I went full power.

Yeah that why i suggested -10dB .

It buys you some protection if dont listen at ear splitting levels .

It would work fine without it to , but ipk3 based squeezeboxes (sb3
transporter etc ) has a very rare bug when they sometimes emit noise at
full volume , you get it every 5 years or soo :) , fix is a xilink reset
.

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4