Every so often a phase comes along that almost immediately becomes a
catch phase and so it is with the phase "Quantum Fruitloopery" (with
thanks to andy c for introducing us to this clever little bit of word
play). On the other hand, in the world of high end audio things
(devices, ideas, beliefs, etc.) that are quite clearly fruitloopy come
along on an almost daily basis and so I'm launching this official list
so that we can keep track of the all the audio fruitloopery out there.

Item #1:

Today's mail brought one of my two favorite sources for all things
Quantum Audio Fruitloopy, I'm speaking of course about that fabulous
monthly humor publication "Stereophile" (my other favorite source is
"The Absolute Sound" - bar none the gold standard of Quantum Audio
Fruitloopery). While I have not the chance to sit down and treat myself
to a good laugh I have scanned the through the magazine and discovered
these little gems being advertised:

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-iusbpower/ ($99)

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ipurifier/ ($199)

Both of these little wastes of money are fine examples of Quantum Audio
Fruitloopery but their relatively low price (although any price of
something that does absolutely nothing useful is too much) does keep
them from being truly world class Quantum Audio Fruitloopery.

Feel free to add to this list. It doesn't have to be a specific product
so for example one could easily add any/all tubed DACs to the list or
any/all 32 bit audio downloads.

So let's have a little fun picking some low hanging fruit(loopery).

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos