ralphpnj wrote:
> On the other hand, in the world of high end audio things (devices,
> ideas, beliefs, etc.) that are quite clearly fruitloopy come along on an
> almost daily basis and so I'm launching this official list so that we
> can keep track of the all the audio fruitloopery out there.

Sounds like fun! :D

How about the '_Synergistic_Research_Tranquility_Base_'
(http://www.audiostream.com/content/synergistic-research-tranquility-base)?

The author makes use of one of my favorite memes of the audiophool
press.  I call it the "feigned skepticism meme".  In this meme, the
writer claims to have been skeptical of the alleged benefits of a device
prior to using it, in an attempt to make the con more effective.

>  Given the number of audiophile tweaks that exist, I entered this
> testing with quite a bit of skepticism. [...]  But having previously met
> Ted Denney of Synergistic Research, I knew that he was not in the habit
> of exaggerating his products capabilities.

Another favorite of mine is the '_solid_marble_outlet_strip_'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOwqyWdsWrE&list=UUo8e3GYwQGncHKIucUOxGfg)
(err, sorry, "power distributor").  The guy doing the video, Peter
Breuninger, also uses the feigned skepticism meme at about 1 minute in.