Gazjam wrote:
> Will be trying Transporter from its analogue outputs initially, heard
> fantastic things about its Dac.
> Ever curious, I wish to try it as a digital transport too into my own
> Dac, an M2Tech Young.
>
> For connecting TP to Dac, is there an accepted "best" digital
> connection?
> I've read conflicting posts here on the forum, even people quoting Sean
> Adams differently saying the opposite thing!
>
> I know a fair bit of the theory between balanced/unbalanced, impedance
> matching etc, more looking to find out from Transporter veterans some
> real world experience.
>
> Thanks. :)

i use balanced analog and built in dac. but you can certainly try
another dac with either s/pdif coax or toslink optical. You're unlikely
to hear any difference based on how the DAC is connected, unless the DAC
itself works better with one connection method vs the other....but
that's the DAC, not the Transporter.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify