Hello,

My amplifier/dac combo does not have any balance controls.  Something on
the squeezelite thread got me to thinking and I got my SPL meter out and
measured the db, with pink noise, coming out of my left vs. right
speakers at my listening position.  There is a 2-3 db  difference with
the right being a bit less than the left.  I realize that this is
probably just on the edge of audibility. Currently, and measured with a
laser measuring device, the speakers are almost precisely equidistant
from my listening position.  I suspect the cause is likely due to room
and furniture layout----something that leaves me very little room to
adjust the speaker placement.    Also, in their current position--to my
ears---voices, etc.. that are supposed to be centered do seem to be.

I suspect the easy solution is to simply move the right speaker a bit
closer.  However, my anal-retentive side is interested in precision and
am wondering if, somewhere (can't find anything using a google search)
there is a conversion table that would tell me how many inches closer
the right speaker needs to be to my listening spot in order to increase
its SPL by either 2 or 3 db.  Any physics or audio acoustics folks know
of this??

Cheers,

Rg

System information
Main: Vortexbox/Squeezelite > USB> Benchmark DAC2 D > LFD LE IV
Signature amp > Revel Performa R208 speakers.

Home Theatre:  Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic
5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.0 - 1415789670  on a 1TB Vortexbox Appliance, V 2.3.