Some of you might have seen the most recent blog posts from Mark Waldrep
(who runs AIX Records). He showed an open mind and tried to evaluate the
offering of an Australian outfit called 'CD Illumination'
(http://www.cdillumination.com/cd-illumination-1.html) promises to
"vivify" your CD collection by a magical copying process that
improves/enhances musicality, tonality, dynamic range, soundstaging,
imagining and clarity, while reducing listener fatigue.

The results are not very surprising, but neither are the 'reactions'
(http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=4678) of the person/company behind the
"technology":

> So I can make three deductions about your evals: 1. Your equipment
> somehow equalises the differences; 2. You are physiologically or
> psychologically unable to appreciate the improvement; 3. You are
> desperately trying to cover up the differences you have already heard so
> as to protect your bits and bytes argument. Which by the way most
> audiophiles have already moved on and see it as a ‘flat earth’ dogmatic
> stance.

Sounds familiar?

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953