Julf wrote:
> Anything that has a  Michael Lavorna quote on the first page is bound to
> make me cautious. :)
>
> Seems the antipodes DX is a music server/ripper (unlike the
> Transporter), and thus likely to become outdated rather quickly. Whereas
> DAC technology hasn' t improved that much in the last 10 years, computer
> servers have changed rather drastically in the same time frame.

Here's some clarifcation of that claim by Mr. L

"All Antipodes music servers can also play 'direct' from a NAS,
achieving high quality audio performance by avoiding UPnP/DLNA.
Therefore playback from a NAS can be used to augment storage capacity of
the DX without a noticeable sonic penalty.

"[with 'direct' playback set up] the difference I noted between NAS and
locally stored music all but evaporated." Michael Lavorna, Audiostream
April 2015."

We have a new "AUDIO TRVTH" here - that there is necessarily an audible
degradation due to:

(1) Playing music files off of a local PC

(2) Playing mulsic files off of a server sing uPNP and/or DLNA.

(3) Playing music files off of traditional moving media (Hard drives)

Why should this be true?