ralphpnj wrote:
> Even though the issues dealt with in this documentary (based on the book
> of the same title -
> http://www.amazon.com/Merchants-Doubt-Handful-Scientists-Obscured/dp/1608193942)
> are much more important than anything in the world of audio, watching
> this film (it's a very entertaining 90 minutes -
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3675568/?ref_=nv_sr_3) will give you a very
> good idea of how the high end audio business model works. At times
> fascinating, troubling, infuriating and amazing. A must see for any
> reformed audiophile.

Thanks for the link! Excellent - and yes, I agree - ""Doubt is our
product," wrote one <business> executive. These "experts" supplied it."
works as well for business="high end audio" as for business="tobacco".

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953