Osamede wrote:
> Its a shame, but just noticed - he has officially hung up the pen for
> good:
> http://www.theaudiocritic.com/
>
> THIS IS GOODBYE!
>
> Having reached the 90th year of my life, after several years of very
> little productivity, I have decided to stop altogether. My website has
> been discontinued; there will be no more content added to it. That does
> not mean that what has been published and available up to now will be
> lost. Everything on the website has been transferred to www.biline.ca,
> the technology site of Jeff Mathurin. Nothing is missing, thanks to the
> supportive efforts of Jeff. You can still go to every former section of
> The Audio Critic by using the menu on the left. It is not without
> considerable regret that I am making this move, but the time inevitably
> comes when you have to call it quits. Goodbye, friends and antagonists;
> it has been a great 38 years!
>

> —Peter Aczel
> Editor & Publisher
> Midsummer, 2015

I went to the website and did some reading. Nice reviews of music, and
excellent analysis of audiophilia. I particularly liked his Doctor Zaius
Syndrome piece, at
http://www.biline.ca/audio_critic/audio_critic_web3.htm#doc. You might
have to scroll to find it. I particularly liked the image - uncritical
audiophiles as the apes from Planet of the Apes.

LMS on a dedicated music server (FitPC3)
Transporter (Ethernet) - main music listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm
speakers
Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
Radio (WiFi) - home office
Touch x 1 - awaiting deployment
UE Radio - awaiting deployment
Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used),
Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 2)
Duet Receiver (backup)