mlsstl wrote:
> Some years back I ran a Squeezebox 3 (Classic) with a Lavry DAC. When
> the Touch arrived, I did a synced, back-to-back, level-matched
> comparison of the Touch's analog outputs to the SB3/Lavry combo,
>
> I found I could not tell the difference between the two without checking
> the position of the amp's input selector switch. I sold the Lavry.
>
> These days I'm using a Bel Canto C5i integrated amp with a built-in DAC
> so use that just because it's there. However, I find the Touch's analog
> outputs very good. But, I also happily acknowledge that I turned in my
> "audiophile" card years ago/

Back when I was experimenting with this, found some of the same
characteristics in the analog also were in the spdif out (I call it
hash), the couple mods improved the spdif out... just sounds more pure,
especially when trying to listen at night at very low volume.

Now I can A/B it with the rasppi/digi+ (or rasppi/dac+ for analog) (has
to have linear power thru the 5V header on the hifiberry boards) and
it's easy to hear to me.

Also I don't think linear power does much on the touch, however it does
on the hifiberry boards... (luckily didn't sell the power supply)

If anyone has a CIA power supply laying around, def try the
raspi/hifiberry combo.

CiAudio VDC-SB - raspberry pi b+ hifiberry digi+ (BNC added, removed
TOSlink, HDMI disable) piCorePlayer (play song from RAM)
--> Use as controller/desk/reference: Touch (EDO / displayoff plugin,
linear power, removed analog coupling caps, removed TOSlink & resistor,
added spdif isolation transformer & bnc jack )
PSAudio TRIO C-100 (Cullen III, IcePower 300ASC's) - DL3 DAC (Cullen IV)
- Energy Veritas w/Mundorf/Erse Xovers - 2x MartinLogan Descent i -
Dectet - Cardas - BlackCat XV-Ultra