swayzak wrote:
> Hello
>

> I just purchased one of these to allow 2 rca outputs (TV and Squeezebox
> Touch) to access single input of my active subwoofer:
>

> https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000LB299S/ref=pe_385721_137413791_TE_3p_dp_1
>

> However when I use the Touch the signal is much quieter than using a
> single rca to rca cable.
>

> Is this normal when using an rca splitter in this manner ?

Usually this is so.

First off, you are not splitting signals, you are combining them. There
is a tendency for each of the sources being combined to try to have
exclusive control over the output, and thus it either shorts or
partially mutes the other source.

If you want to combine multiple sources, the tool of choice is a mixer.